From: "Roger J. H. Welsh" <rjhwelsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Notification of ebuild status
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:07:25
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 01:26:36PM +0800 , Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Yonks ago, literally four years ago, 14/7/14, I posted something here
4 > about the whole emerge process being able to make a noise when the
5 > emerge process either succeeded or failed. Success, play some decent
6 > music, fail, play some crap music. I got some good relies and then
7 > promptly put that task on to the "I'll have to get around to that" list.
8 >
9 > I'm now in the process of building a machine from scratch and thought I
10 > would revisit this. Last night I worked it out but before I tidy it up
11 > and post what I did here, for everyones edification, I though I would
12 > ask if anyone knows if the emerge system has implemented anything in the
13 > last four years that automagically does this?
14 >
15 > Any thoughts?
16 >
17 > Andrew
20 There is the `--alert, -A` option for sending a terminal bell when
21 emerge needs some interaction.
22
23 I presume that you are looking at something on a per-ebuild basis, and
24 not something as simple as :
25 `emerge -avuDN @world &&
26 aplay success.flac ||
27 aplay fail.flac`
28
29 I'm curious to see what you have come up with.
33 Roger Welsh
34 fpr: 2FCB 9E31 EA77 CDEC A3AE 5DD7 D54C C777 553A 180D