From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling for an unbooted kernel
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:41:26
1 On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:32 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > sorry, I missed to say, that I am using the vanilla kernel from
3 > ftp.kernel.org. I am not using the gentoo kernel sources...
4
5 Hi Meino,
6
7 I think it should be the same. I don't use genkernel or anything, but
8 I do use gentoo-sources. I manually make menuconfig, make install,
9 make modules_install. I believe that as long as /usr/src/linux
10 symlinnk is pointing at your new kernel, emerging modules should use
11 that one. Like I showed in my example, I do everything before reboot,
12 and when I reboot it all works with the new kernel, including
13 nvidia-drivers.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Paul