From: Igor <igwasm@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ati drivers.
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:43:27
1 В сообщении от Пятница 13 ноября 2009 05:38:24 автор Nikos Chantziaras
2 написал:
3 > On 11/12/2009 11:55 PM, Igor wrote:
4 > > В сообщении от Пятница 13 ноября 2009 00:30:35 автор Volker Armin Hemmann
5 > >
6 > > написал:
7 > >> [...]
8 > >> yeah, unpacking in /usr/portage is completly wrong. Just follow the
9 > >> instructions.
10 > >
11 > > I strictly follow the instructions. But "emerge: there are no ebuilds to
12 > > satisfy "=x11-base/xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r99"."
13 >
14 > Volker's instructions work, but the overlay method is more complicated
15 > than it needs to be. You can find an easier method of applying the
16 > patch here:
17 >
18 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-794699.html
19 >
20 > This has the benefit that it works with all versions of X.Org and not
21 > just with 1.6.3 and you don't need a custom ebuild in your local overlay.
22 >
23 > Note that the patch we're talking about does *not* fix the CPU load on
24 > moving windows; ati-drivers are just too slow with this operation. It
25 > only fixes the resizing, maximizing and opening of new windows.
26 >
27 Thank you. But i have question about this patch. Why ati driver is very slow
28 in X.Org? Is it bug ati driver or X.Org?