From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For net-print/hplip users
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:38:56
1 walt wrote:
2 > I've just spent an annoying two days trying to un-break my HP
3 > multifunction
4 > printer/fax/scanner, and I hope I can spare some of you the same trouble.
5 >
6 > My symptoms were that I couldn't send a fax using hp-sendfax, which
7 > has been
8 > working very well for years -- until now.
9 >
10 > After much floundering I finally tried deleting my existing cups printers
11 > and allowing hp-setup to create new ones. All better now :)
12 >
13 > There may be more than one way to delete cups printers, I dunno, but I
14 > used
15 > the cups http interface by typing 'http://localhost:631' in my firefox
16 > URL bar
17 > (cupsd must be running for this to work).
20 I have found in the past that anytime I update hp* or cups, I need to
21 delete and set up my printer again. Sometimes it works but is flakey
22 and sometimes it doesn't print at all. Deleting and adding again is the
23 only fix I have found that works.
24
25 Sort of weird how that works tho.
26