From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: removing X
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:13:51
1 On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:56:57 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I don't want to follow the advice offered there an run the newuse
4 > world yet... I want to finish cleaning house first.
5 >
6 > Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
7 > the following required packages not being installed
8 >
9 > x11-proto/kbproto required by x11-libs/libX11-1.1.1
10 > x11-libs/libXt-1.0.5 x11-proto/xextproto required by
11 > x11-libs/libXext-1.0.3
12 ...
13
14 You may have a long night ahead of you. Unless this is a slow machine, it
15 is probably quicker to emerge -u world first, especially if most the
16 packages you have removed as as small as the ones you listed.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 "I'm not crying victim, but I am stating that a lot of spammers
23 are genuine scumbags." -Sanford Wallace