From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 22:04:45
1 Bo Andresen wrote on 05/03/06 19:39:
2 > On Wednesday 03 May 2006 17:26, Dave Jones wrote:
3
4 >>I've tried with the kcontrol Regional Keyboard settings enabled and
5 >>disabled. No difference. The quote keys work only with AltGr pressed
6 >>in OOo, but work normally in all other applications.
7
8 >>I tried using XkbModel to pc105 to see if the Logitech Cordless Desktop
9 >>Pro XkbModel was causing the odd effect. However, changing that did not
10 >>change the weird quote keys kb behaviour either.
11
12 > The us_intl keyboard layout is shown in [1]. Your problem related to the red
13 > (i.e. dead) keys to the left of Enter, right?
14
15 That's correct. Didn't want to say right, too confusing!
16
17 > What does this show?
18
19 > # grep -vr '^#\|^$' /etc/conf.d/keymaps
20
21 KEYMAP="us"
22 SET_WINDOWKEYS="yes"
23 EXTENDED_KEYMAPS="backspace keypad euro"
24 DUMPKEYS_CHARSET=""
25
26 > [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US-International
27
28 > Since the keys are dead you do have to press them twice in order to just get a
29 > single or double quote. If followed by a letter are able to produce accents
30 > (ó) or umlauts (ö) instead. And just for the record. I can produce a ç now. I
31 > don't seem to have any issues. But still a haven't tested with a broad range
32 > of programs. ;)
33
34 I can hit the quote keys ten times and still produce no input at all
35 when running OOo. With other applications (such as Thunderbird) it
36 works perfectly well. That's what is so strange, it's only OOo which
37 shows the anomalous behaviour, only under KDE, not under IceWM.
38
39 Cheers, Dave
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list