From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xmms alternative
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:22:44
1 > Maybe Amarok will not fit you... If u don't like GUI, Amarok is not
2 > your program...
3 >
4 >> Though apparently we should be using amarok so I'll have to give that
5 >> a whirl.
6 >
7 > Well, I suppose you noticed my joking tone in message...
8
9 I was a diehard XMMS fan. Then I noticed news about its imminent death,
10 and I sadly looked for alternatives. I once did *hate* players like
11 amaroK, but in its latest version is a killer app.
12
13 It just works, and works well. And simple features like instant search,
14 wikipedia search and shuffling become rapidly interesting.
15
16 The only downside is a small memory leak that becomes noticeable after a
17 few days.
18
19 I'd love an XMMS with amaroK features, or better an amaroK with a deep
20 XMMS look-n-feel.
21
22 > Anyway, I don't know if you know last.fm (you could take a look), but
23 > Amarok's integration with that site is wonderful. You could (now could,
24 > not should neither must) try dynamic reproduction list, rating,
25 > taggin', etc...
26
27 Never tried it. Thanks for the tip.
28