From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Easy (cough) way to build earlier gentoo-sources 3.18.x kernel?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:10:54
1 On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:17:27AM +0100, Bob Wya wrote:
2 > @Nicolas,
3 > I think I'm getting it now. The patchsets are cumulative and I just
4 > need the base patchset - right?
5
6 base, extras and experimental are all applied.
7
8 > I'm still a little unclear as to what
9 > kernel source I should apply the base patchset to.
10
11 The patchsets are applied on top of the vanilla sources.
12
13 > I want to rebuild
14 > the 3.18.8 kernel to double check it's free of the bug...
15
16 Take the vanilla sources and apply the patches you want to test from the
17 patchsets manually.
18
19 > I can see some nfs suspend patches here... So that could be culprit!
20 > [1]http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/trunk/3.18/1008_linux-3.18
21 > .9.patch
22
23 Perhaps, yes. You'll have to make your checks. ,-)
26 Nicolas Sebrecht