From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:12:18
1 Tom Eastman <tom <at> cs.otago.ac.nz> writes:
4 > So what I'm looking for is a program that acts like 'sendmail' (so that I can
5 > send email from mutt), and when it gets mail to send it stores it in a queue.
6
7 > When I'm connected to a network, I can then manually dump the queue onto the
8 > smtp server *of my choice*, since the server would very depending on where I'm
9 > plugged into.
10
11 > Some kind of command like:
12
13 > $ sudo dump_all_mail_to smtp.wherever.i.am.net
14
15 YES it exist, but, some of the 'old timers' on the list are likely
16 to fall into deep laughter....
17
18 The original *Mail* tool. Note not mail but 'Mail'
19
20 for example:
21
22 Mail -s <subject> $USER < <body-file> body-file to all usernames
23 in the file user-list-file
24
25 For example:
26
27 Mail -s paychecks -vt looser@×××××××××.com < /var/spool/mail/paycheck_stub
30 It's command line based and very friendly with shell scripts.
31
32 'man Mail' should get you started. Lots of newer more
33 sophisticated things exist:
34
35 'eix mail' will lists reems of possibilities, but,
36 'Mail' is dirt simple to use.
37
38 HTH,
39