From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:38:40
1 On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:51 pm, James wrote:
2 >
3 >> So what I'm looking for is a program that acts like 'sendmail' ...I
4 >> can then manually dump the queue onto the
5 >> smtp server *of my choice*, since the server would very depending on
6 >> where I'm
7 >> plugged into.
8 >
9 >> Some kind of command like:
10 >
11 >> $ sudo dump_all_mail_to smtp.wherever.i.am.net
12 >
13 > YES it exist, but, some of the 'old timers' on the list are likely
14 > to fall into deep laughter....
15 >
16 > The original *Mail* tool. Note not mail but 'Mail'
17 > ...
18 > 'man Mail' should get you started. Lots of newer more
19 > sophisticated things exist:
20
21 I don't see how that permits the OP to choose his mailserver. Either
22 I'm reading the original posting quite wrongly (and I concede that this
23 could easily be the case) or you haven't read it at all.
24
25 Stroller.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list