From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntfs-3g problem (I suppose) - locking system
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 01:31:27
1 2013/3/15 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2
3 > On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:18:03 -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 > > This machine is a dual-boot Linux/Windows, as my wife once in a while
6 > > needs to work on a Windows O.S. . The lock down starts when she saves
7 > > a file received by e-mail in a ntfs-3g mounted partition, so that file
8 > > would also be accessible whenever she uses Windows.
9 >
10 > Have you checked the filesystem for corruption/inconsistency in Windows
11 > and with ntfsck?
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.
21 Yes, I have checked for file corruption and bad sectors a few days ago, and
22 just a few moments ago, just to make sure. After a little while, already
23 using Linux, the system was beginning to freeze, so I have unmounted that
24 same partition, and things got back to normal - that's how I am able to
25 write this.
26
27 Thanks
28 Francisco
29 --
30 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
31 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
32 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
33 - George Bernard Shaw