From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo counter?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:45:27
1 On Sunday, September 11, 2011, David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:52:53 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote about
3 > "[gentoo-user] Gentoo counter?":
4 >
5 >>I've just read about the 'new' Linux Counter from a slashdot article,
6 >>and I wonder: is there a 'Gentoo Counter' that tracks (voluntarily, of
7 >>course) the number of active Gentoo systems in the world?
8 >
9 > Why not just look at Linux Counter and see how many run Gentoo?
10 >
11 > The Linux Counter collects the distro information, so there is no need
12 > for a separate counter for each distro.
13 >
14 > [BTW, can you ditch the HTML please? This is an Internet mailing list,
15 > and it has long been considered poor Netiquette to use HTML messages.
16 > Plain text is perfectly adequate to convey information, and is much
17 > lighter to transport and render.]
18 > --
19 > Regards,
20 >
21 > Dave [RLU #314465]
22
23 Eh? Sorry about the HTML bits; Android's Gmail client doesn't seem to be
24 configurable about that.
25
26 Currently I'm typing this reply using Gmail webmail via Dolphin; does it
27 still have the HTML part?
28
29 Rgds,
34 FdS Pandu E Poluan