From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printer not being found
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 04:17:44
1 On 29/10/20 10:16 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Afternoon all,
3 >
4 > Before my trials with booting, and eventually rebuilding everything from the
5 > ground up, my Lexmark C2425 printer was working fine. Now the KDE system
6 > settings printer applet can't detect it, even though pinging it works.
7 >
8 > Then when I point firefox to localhost:631 cups's behaviour has changed. If I
9 > click Adding Printers and Classes, instead of a dialogue to let me add a
10 > printer I now get a help page telling me how to do it at the command line.
11 >
12 > Even if I do manage to add the printer, cups reports that it isn't responding.
13 > I take this to mean I'm not using the right protocol. I've tried IPP, IPPS,
14 > HTTP and HTTPS, following that help page.
15 >
16 > Package.use is the same as before, and I've tried with cups-browsed both
17 > running and not.
18 >
19 > What am I missing?
20 >
21 Sounds like to clicked on the (somewhat fuzzily named) "adding Printers
22 and Classes" on the main page - thats actually the help page which you
23 described.
24
25 Try clicking on Administration on the top line and then add printer.
26
27 BillK