From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:14:21
1 On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:04:18 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > There is often a couple of ebuilds in the tree that need manual editing
4 > for one reason or another so the digest needs regenerating. For one
5 > off's its easier to do it in situ, but if long term pain is expected its
6 > better to do in an overlay.
7
8 Yes, I also edit ebuilds in tree on occasion, but then
9 "ebuild /path/to/ebuild manifest" is all you need. The digest action for
10 ebuild was deprecated some time ago, so I'm not surprised it's been
11 removed as an emerge option. I always thought it was a dangerous option
12 anyway and it redigested the ebuild of all packages to be emerged, not
13 just the one that needed it.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Press any key to continue or any other key to quit