From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage on RHEL4?
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 00:48:58
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I've got a fun little project to install portage on RHEL 4.
5 > Unfortunately, the powers that be won't allow me to put Gentoo, so I
6 > figured I'd do the best I can and put portage :)
9 I would recommend attacking this at the "Business" level:
10
11 1/ Find out why they (think they) want Redhat.
12 2/ See if you can get agreement to build a Gentoo demo system to show
13 them that Gentoo is better (it is typically gonna perform better at least!).
14
15 Cheers
16
17 Mark