From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with nvidia fake raid.
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:04:36
1 Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I have been trying for 5 days now to install a gentoo system on a
5 > nvidia mother board with fake raid, I already have a windows system on
6 > the machine that needs the raid and I want to install gentoo on it.
7 >
8 > I have followed instructions on
9 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Gentoo_with_NVRAID_using_dmraid
10 > I was succeeded on installing gentoo base system and grub :-), but,
11 > when I boot the systems ask for real_root /dev/mapper/nv_xxxx device
12 >
13 > I had try the hard way, open a shell when it ask for real_root and on
14 > /dev/mapper is just control.
15 >
16 > I had try with genkernel and on the same situation on /dev/mapper/ has
17 > control and my disk, but none of the partitions.
18 >
19 > I am so close of making this work, but is really frustrating get stuck
20 > in something like that for so long.
21 >
22 > Thanks for attention, Allan
23 >
24 Hi,
25 No experience with RAID but do you have a separate /boot partition.
26 Assume you're also using an initrd (with genkernel ... --dmraid ...).
27 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature