From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot hangs after install, no error
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:08:37
1 On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 14:26 +1000, Jake Moe wrote:
2 > No, I was tempted to try genkernel, but again, OCD got the best of me;
3 > I
4 > like Gentoo because I tell it what I want and need, and it does that
5 > and
6 > nothing else. Genkernel, in my understand, does everything (and
7 > apparently does it pretty well), but it means that it's bigger than it
8 > needs to be. Plus, I hadn't gotten a reply back in a while, and I'm
9 > limited on time with this laptop, so I went back to that which I know
10 > better.
11 >
12 > And I thought the Live CD used genkernel; I thought that was where
13 > genkernel came from in the first place? Is it different?
14
15 I have no idea; I don't use genkernel.
16
17 All I'm saying is if you can try booting on a kernel you know at least
18 *should* work (such as the live cd or genkernel) and that works then at
19 least you can deduce it down to kernel config.
20
21 -a