From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:15:08
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I actually don't have a mynetworks statement in main.cf at all and I
3 > send from squirrelmail all over the place.
4 >
5 > I won't be able to specify a single IP for my laptop. Can I allow
6 > authenticated users to send?
7
8 You connect to squirrelmail from many different IPs via HTTP, but
9 squirrelmain only calls SMTP from the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1. So add
10 the default mynetworks back in if you want Squirrelmail to be able to
11 send at all. And quit trying out poorly thought out security tricks in
12 Postfix if you don't know what you're doing.
13
14 Once that is fixed you can start looking at why you can't authenticate.
15 I'm going to guess that you haven't bothered to setup smtp
16 authentication via sasl yet.
17
18 kashani
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list