From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:39:57
1 > > I actually don't have a mynetworks statement in main.cf at all and I
2 > > send from squirrelmail all over the place.
3 > >
4 > > I won't be able to specify a single IP for my laptop. Can I allow
5 > > authenticated users to send?
6 >
7 > You connect to squirrelmail from many different IPs via HTTP, but
8 > squirrelmain only calls SMTP from the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1. So add
9 > the default mynetworks back in if you want Squirrelmail to be able to
10 > send at all. And quit trying out poorly thought out security tricks in
11 > Postfix if you don't know what you're doing.
12
13 I haven't removed the mynetworks statement. It was never there.
14 Could it be somewhere other than main.cf and master.cf? Maybe
15 127.0.0.1 is the default. I can send from squirrelmail just fine as
16 always. Admittedly "all over the place" was a bad choice of words.
17
18 > Once that is fixed you can start looking at why you can't authenticate.
19 > I'm going to guess that you haven't bothered to setup smtp
20 > authentication via sasl yet.
21
22 I didn't realize I wasn't authenticating. I'm working on sasl now.
23
24 - Grant
25
26 > kashani