From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 04:03:46
1 On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 12:44 -0500, James Homuth wrote:
2 >
3 > -----Original Message-----
4 > From: Hung Dang [mailto:hungptit@×××××.com]
5 > Sent: February 19, 2010 9:18 PM
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
10 > You could see your HDD because the boot CD have enabled all drivers.
11 > Could you double check if you have configured the kernel for your HDD
12 > correctly?
15 > The kernel was not updated or changed since the laptop's last fully
16 > successful boot. And, at that time, it was configured to acknowledge my HDD.
17
18 thanks for bottom posting, but I'm having a hard time differentiating
19 between your post and the one your responding to, because they're on the
20 same level. I guess you're using Outlook because you can't boot
21 properly? In Outlook you can tell it to prepend the standard "> "
22 before the original message in the menu somewhere.
23
24 So back to your problem - you can boot but just how far? Can you log
25 into X? What were the updates you applied? (Please list them all).
26 What boot messages do you see? How do you log in?
27
28 Type `fdisk -l` and post the output.
29
30 thanks,
34 "Look, this is a man. He's got great numbers. He talks about numbers. I'm
35 beginning to think not only did he invent the Internet, but he invented the
36 calculator."
37
38 George W. Bush
39 October 3, 2000
40 First Presidential Debate. Boston, Massachusetts.