From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:45:21
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Hung Dang [mailto:hungptit@×××××.com]
3 Sent: February 19, 2010 9:18 PM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
6
7 > The first thing that jumps to my mind is you have an older initrd that
8 > has your HD drivers in it (such as ATA), but the newer kernel you've
9 > probably just built (is that what you mean by "a bit of an update"?)
10 > doesn't.
11 >
12 > Check for an initrd, and tell us what "a bit of an update" means :)
13 > You could also compare config files between your rescue CD and your
14 > system, if you can find it!
15 >
16 > HTH,
17 >
18 You could see your HDD because the boot CD have enabled all drivers.
19 Could you double check if you have configured the kernel for your HDD
20 correctly?
23 The kernel was not updated or changed since the laptop's last fully
24 successful boot. And, at that time, it was configured to acknowledge my HDD.