From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:46:24
1 On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 01:01 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > >
4 > > ah yes, I recall the cruft script! Does it exclude any directories?
5 > >
6 > > If there is nothing shorewall related left, then the only explanation is
7 > > that shorewall must have edited an existing file somewhere... which
8 > > seems strange... hal? udev? who knows!
9 > >
10 > > The only last thing I could suggest is running lsof to see what files
11 > > are being accessed when you start the net.eth1 script.
12 > >
13 > > Other than that, I'm out of ideas, sorry!
16 > Could he delete some of the config files then re-emerge the programs
17 > they belong too? Wouldn't that "reset" them back to default then?
18
19 a better option would be `emerge --noconfmem <package>`, which
20 esentially re-does all your conf files.
24 Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list