From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:06:38
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 >
3 > ah yes, I recall the cruft script! Does it exclude any directories?
4 >
5 > If there is nothing shorewall related left, then the only explanation is
6 > that shorewall must have edited an existing file somewhere... which
7 > seems strange... hal? udev? who knows!
8 >
9 > The only last thing I could suggest is running lsof to see what files
10 > are being accessed when you start the net.eth1 script.
11 >
12 > Other than that, I'm out of ideas, sorry!
15 Could he delete some of the config files then re-emerge the programs
16 they belong too? Wouldn't that "reset" them back to default then?
17
18 If you would like, I'll email you, off list of course, a copy of my etc
19 directory or specific files if you want me too. I'm on dial-up so it
20 may take a bit to send them. Let me know. If you want specific files,
21 let me know which ones.
22
23 Dale
24