From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ogg/mp3 volume
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:03:21
1 On 20 May 2012, at 10:41, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Specially for bands like led zeppelin, I would just use the second method (adjust while playing, rather than while ripping). Someday you will want to hear the whole disk as it was intended, …
4
5 I agree that adjust-whilst-playing is the best method, but we won't be hearing this music as intended for a while.
6
7 All digital Led Zep releases (i.e. including all CDs) are notoriously poorly remastered, with excessive gain applied.
8
9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war
10
11 So far they have deteriorated with each remastering / re-release.
12
13 Huge threads on the Steve Hoffman forums discussing this, if you want to cork sniff.
14
15 Stroller.