From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pambase/shadow warning
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:58:29
1 On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:12:55 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > >> That seems like a (possibly) helpful clue. When you downgraded,
4 > >> did you do etc-update again, or were you asked to? Did you run
5 > >> it after the original upgrade?
6 > >
7 > > No, no and no.
8 >
9 > Just to confirm, are you saying that you did *not* run etc-update
10 > after the original upgrade? I remember clearly from this morning
11 > that etc-update asked me to replace some files in /etc/pam.d, and
12 > I said yes to all. (I don't understand pam well enough to disobey
13 > orders ;)
14
15 AFAIR there was no suggestion to run etc-update. I certainly don't
16 remember replacing any pam files, but I have conf-update set to
17 automatically replace files that only differ in their comments.
18
19 I'll run the update again today, paying more attention, and see what
20 happens.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 I'm firm. You're obstinate. He's a pigheaded fool