From: Kevin Parker <v5a6bv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssmtp - How to set up
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:48:32
1 --- Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 > I have never got system messages, cron messages etc
5 > to work in gentoo. This
6 > really hasn't been a problem but the more progs I
7 > have running the more I
8 > think I should attempt to get this working.
9 > Especially elogs.
10 > I have ssmtp installed but not set up correctly, I
11 > have looked at the man page
12 > but I couldn't fathom out what exactly I needed to
13 > do to receive messages in
14 > my user account.
15 > Can anybody please give me step by step
16 > instructions.
17 >
18 > All of my mail is received from my isp using kmail
19 >
20 > Thanks
21 > Paul
22 > --
23 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo
24 > linux
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
30 I use esmtp. It is as small as ssmtp, but it allows
31 local delivery, without need to run postfix or
32 sendmail daemons on your system.
36 Do You Yahoo!?
37 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
38 http://mail.yahoo.com
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list