From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:36:40
1 * Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> [110623 18:34]:
2 > On 6/23/2011 6:22 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 22 June 2011 16:50:10 Dale wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> If you use KDE like me, be prepared to put the thing back tho. Some KDE
6 > >> packages depend on things that seem to need it enabled.
7 > >
8 > > Looks like it's only packages that are pulled in by kdeedu-meta. Do you need
9 > > all those?
12 > It's one package (cantor) that has one dependency (R) that is optional
13 > (USE=-R) that falls squarely into the "if you aren't sure if you need it
14 > then you probably don't" category. So for most users, no, you don't need
15 > to build gcc with fortran. Dale's just playing it safe, I guess, after
16 > the admittedly scary "I'm all broken and stuff!" warning message cantor
17 > throws at you.
18 >
19 > --Mike
20
21 What seems strange then is that if everyone keeps telling Dale that he
22 most likely doesn't need cantor and R then why is R enabled in the
23 profile by default?
24
25 Seems it should be -R by default?
26