From: Michael Mauch <michael.mauch@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Finding other machines on the network
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:07:29
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > On 30 August 2005 15:51, Andrew Lowe wrote:
4
5 > > I have the situation where I've been loaned an old Sun SPARC box for
6 > > some work. It has a static IP somewhere in the 192.168.0.* range, which
7 > > my home network also is in. My question is, how can I find out the IP
8 > > address of the machine? I've forgotten what it is and it's also headless
9 > > with no keyboard.
10
11 > Can't you remote log in and do "ifconfig"?
12
13 How can he log in if he doesn't know the IP address?
14
15 Regards...
16 Michael
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list