From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to update public keys?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 22:08:21
1 On 2018-07-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2018-07-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2018-07-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> As of today, I seem to be unable to a an "emerge --sync".
5 >>>
6 >>> The process either hangs forever at the "Refreshing keys from keyserver step:
7 >>
8 >> [...]
9 >>
10 >>> Or, it fails because there are no public key to verify a manfest:
11 >>
12 >> For now, I've had to set add "sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no" to
13 >> my repo conf file so that I can actually do updates, but that seems
14 >> like a dangerous work-around.
15 >
16 > After turning off sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest and doing a sync and
17 > update (which included app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release-20180703),
18 > I had hoped that I would be able to turn it back on, but now I get this:
19 >
20 > # emerge --sync
21 > >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
22 > * Using keys from /usr/share/openpgp-keys/gentoo-release.asc
23 > * Refreshing keys from keyserver ...OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
24 > gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
25 > gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
26 >
27 > OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
28 > gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
29 > gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
30 >
31 > OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
32 > gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
33 > gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
34 >
35 > The last four lines repeat forever with an increasingly longer period.
36
37 I never did figure what was causing the "General error". After about
38 an hour of googling and reading descriptions of unrelated problems, it
39 just started working with no changes to any configuration. Apparently
40 a server issue?
43 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I didn't order any
44 at WOO-WOO ... Maybe a YUBBA
45 gmail.com ... But no WOO-WOO!