From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to update public keys?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 19:54:45
1 On 2018-07-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2018-07-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> As of today, I seem to be unable to a an "emerge --sync".
4 >>
5 >> The process either hangs forever at the "Refreshing keys from keyserver step:
6 >
7 > [...]
8 >
9 >> Or, it fails because there are no public key to verify a manfest:
10 >
11 > For now, I've had to set add "sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no" to
12 > my repo conf file so that I can actually do updates, but that seems
13 > like a dangerous work-around.
14
15 After turning off sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest and doing a sync and
16 update (which included app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release-20180703),
17 I had hoped that I would be able to turn it back on, but now I get this:
18
19 # emerge --sync
20 >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
21 * Using keys from /usr/share/openpgp-keys/gentoo-release.asc
22 * Refreshing keys from keyserver ...OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
23 gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
24 gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
25
26 OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
27 gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
28 gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
29
30 OpenPGP keyring refresh failed:
31 gpg: refreshing 4 keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
32 gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error
33
34 The last four lines repeat forever with an increasingly longer period.
35
36 Firing up wireshark shows that for each of those failures, there's a
37 TLS 1.2 connection to port 443 at hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net which
38 gets set up, negotiated, and then closed.
41 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hello... IRON
42 at CURTAIN? Send over a
43 gmail.com SAUSAGE PIZZA! World War
44 III? No thanks!