From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: *dev-less gentoo
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:11:55
1 On 18/01/2016 23:05, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > boxcars@×××.net:
3 >> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:48:58 +0100 (CET)
4 >> karl@××××××××.se wrote:
5 > ...
6 >>> What info is there on @system ?
7 >>> I can change what's in @world, it seems to be the content of
8 >>> /var/lib/portage/world. Is there a similar file for @system ?
9 >>
10 >> It's in /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages -- I think that will be
11 >> overwritten when profiles are updated, so I don't think it helps you.
12 >
13 > Great, thanks. Would it work to have that in an overlay, ehh, something ?
14 >
15 >> Would putting virtual/dev-manager into packages.provided work to solve
16 >> your problem? (I phrase it as a question because I've never used
17 >> packages.provided.)
18 >
19 > No, then would packages that actually needs it be fooled.
20 > I found a workaround in the sys-fs/static-dev package.
23 Let's be clear: static-dev is NOT a workaround. It is a full proper
24 solution for the case when a dynamic device node solution is not desired.
25
26 Of course it means you have to mknod every device you need yourself. But
27 you know that going in right?
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com