From: Jakob <jak.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something goes wrong
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:13:51
1 On 1/15/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 14 January 2007 19:08, Iván Pérez Domínguez
3 > <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Telling
4 > emerge to continue when something goes wrong':
5 > > Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
6 > > > I've also attached a longer system update script that I use, for
7 > > > reference.
8 > >
9 > > I've been taking a look at the script. I wonder why using emerge --sync
10 > > at the beginning and update-eix at the end instead of an eix-sync.
11 >
12 > I want the information returned by eix after the script completes to take
13 > into account the package updates that may occur during the portage or
14 > world updates. I also want those updates to take into account the most
15 > recent portage tree. So, I need a sync operation before the updates and a
16 > eix-update after them. Thus, I can't combine the two operations into a
17 > single eix-sync.
18 >
19 > --
20 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
27 Hi,
28 have a look at this
29 http://www.gentoolinux.org/news/en/gwn/20061204-newsletter.xml section
30 3, maybe its what you want or you could modify it to suit your needs.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list