From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE programs starts slowly
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:46:22
1 On 29 January 2006 13:46, Korondi Márk wrote:
2
3 > > kill kdm and rm all the ICE, ksycoca and .dcop .X11-blabla stuff?
4 >
5 > I don't use kdm. Probably it's the problem? ;-)
6
7 It could be because kdm tries to load as much of KDE as possible while it is
8 waiting for a user to log in. Honestly, I doubt this is your problem.
9 Unfortunately I don't know what causes the slowness on your system. Mine is
10 blazingly fast. Konqueror start-up is less than 1 second. I do a "prelink"
11 after bigger updates.
12
13 Uwe
16 Unix is sexy: