From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:18:20
1 Peter Humphrey writes:
2
3 > On Thursday 25 February 2010 00:10:18 Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > This KMail window has spell checking which is nice to have. But when
5 > > I open the spell checking dialog in order to add words to the
6 > > dictionary, I always have to start at the very beginning and reply to
7 > > all problems until I get to the word I want it to learn.
8 >
9 > You might like instead to try right-clicking on the word you want it to
10 > learn. Sorry if eggs meet grandmothers here.
11
12 Nice! Did not see this as it only works if the word is not highlighted.
13
14 > > Oh, and it even has problems with numbers like 4.2. This looks to me
15 > > like the typical example of a nice idea, but it's implemented so
16 > > badly I just do not use it.
17 >
18 > I don't have any of these problems with kmail. It really is a
19 > first-rate program.
20
21 I like it, too, I'm using it for years now even if it crashed daily in
22 3.5.
23 Kmail was just an example, the spell checking probably works the same in
24 all KDE applications. And this is not a big problem at all, it's more of a
25 symptom of KDE4 things being not so well-tested yet.
26
27 Wonko