From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Best whois client?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:55:08
1 Searching portage, I find there are quite a number of alternative whois clients.
2
3 I think I have always used net-misc/whois in the past I now notice that a BSD whois is available, a "generic" and an advanced jwhois.
4
5 Presumably there are some differences between the functionality provided by these packages, can anyone tell me which is the "best", please?
6
7 I use whois a lot for looking up the abuse address of a host, by IP address. Primarily I'd like to get up-to-date and useful results from something `whois 1.2.3.4 | grep -i abuse`.
8
9 TIA for any help,
10
11 Stroller.