From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange problem with audio CDs
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:06:11
1 On Monday 10 January 2011 10:48:56 Jake Moe wrote:
2 > I can't seem to get audio CDs to work with my drive. Data CDs work
3 > fine, I can mount the filesystem and read them. Data and Video DVDs
4 > seem to work fine as well. But when I try to listen to an audio CD, I
5 > get the attached errors in log.bz2. I've tried using things from KsCD
6 > to cdplay; everything gives the same errors. Googling seems to indicate
7 > that there might be a problem with udev somehow, but most of those that
8 > I find have the "fix" as "update to the latest udev using apt/rpm/other
9 > binary distro package tool", which obviously won't work for Gentoo.
10 > Other solutions seem to be "update to libATA", but I'm already using that.
11 >
12 > I've gone through and tried to check anything obvious in my kernel
13 > config, but I can't see anything that'd affect it like this. Also, if I
14 > reboot into Windows (this laptop is a work computer as well), it plays
15 > and rips the same CDs just fine.
16 >
17 > Hardware is an HP EliteBook nc6930p laptop. CD/DVD drive is /dev/sr0.
18 > Controller is:
19 >
20 > 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI
21 > Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
22 > Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30dc
23 > Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46
24 > I/O ports at 8118 [size=8]
25 > I/O ports at 813c [size=4]
26 > I/O ports at 8110 [size=8]
27 > I/O ports at 8138 [size=4]
28 > I/O ports at 8000 [size=32]
29 > Memory at d8426000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
30 > Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit-
31 > Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
32 > Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA <?>
33 > Capabilities: [b0] PCI Advanced Features
34 > Kernel driver in use: ahci
35 >
36 > Oddly, if I open Konqueror and type in "audiocd:/", it lists the tracks,
37 > and has the FLAC, MP3, Ogg, etc folders. But it won't play or copy the
38 > files; it gives the error in error.gif.
39 >
40 > Any other info you need, please let me know. This is driving me nuts.
41 >
42 > Jake Moe
43
44 Are you sure it is a proper audio-cd?
45 The error message talks about a mp3-file.
46
47 Do you have this issue with all Audio-CDs? (including older ones from before
48 record companies thought it was a good idea to add copy-protection schemes?)
51 Joost