From: Joshua Doll <Joshua.Doll@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xeffects overlay
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:32:00
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > Qian Qiao ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> b.n. wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>>
8 >>> It's a bit the xeffects overlay seems unreachable. I had a (admittedly
9 >>> brief) look on the web and it seems they are
10 >>> moving/rebuilding/refactoring it, but I had no info on how to find it
11 >>> now and/or when it will be back alive.
12 >>>
13 >>> Where can I look for instructions?
14 >>>
15 >>> m.
16 >>>
17 >> The overlay has reached it's EOL[1].
18 >>
19 >> [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-641342.html
22 > I've read the thread, and now I'm even more confused.
23 >
24 > - Where are the ex-xeffects ebuilds? arcon, desktop-effects or what?
25 >
26 > - What is the difference between desktop-effects and xeffects? (Why
27 > closing xeffects, if then the same people then open another overlay at
28 > desktop-effects? I suppose *there has to be* a difference)
29 >
30 I'm pretty sure that jmbsvicetto retired from maintaining the overlay.
31 The only difference I've seen is desktop-effects uses git.
32
33 > - What's the best migration pathway? Is eliminating xeffects and adding
34 > desktop-effects to layman enough, or more convoluted stuff is to be made?
37 That's all I did.
38
39 --Joshua Doll
42 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list