From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xeffects overlay
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:22:08
1 Qian Qiao ha scritto:
2 > b.n. wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >
5 >> It's a bit the xeffects overlay seems unreachable. I had a (admittedly
6 >> brief) look on the web and it seems they are
7 >> moving/rebuilding/refactoring it, but I had no info on how to find it
8 >> now and/or when it will be back alive.
9 >
10 >> Where can I look for instructions?
11 >
12 >> m.
13 >
14 > The overlay has reached it's EOL[1].
15 >
16 > [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-641342.html
17
18 I've read the thread, and now I'm even more confused.
19
20 - Where are the ex-xeffects ebuilds? arcon, desktop-effects or what?
21
22 - What is the difference between desktop-effects and xeffects? (Why
23 closing xeffects, if then the same people then open another overlay at
24 desktop-effects? I suppose *there has to be* a difference)
25
26 - What's the best migration pathway? Is eliminating xeffects and adding
27 desktop-effects to layman enough, or more convoluted stuff is to be made?
28
29 m.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list