From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:25:31
1 On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Björn Ottervik wrote:
4 > Use the VESAFB-TNG statement to set the terminal update frequency and
5 > resolution to the same values used in X.
6 I don't know what "VESAFB-TNG statement" means. Can you elaborate?
7 Anyway, I think they are already the same: I have
8 video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr,1280x1024-32@60 in the appropriate line in
9 grub.conf, and Modes "1280x1024" in xorg.conf. The update frequency is
10 set to 60Hz (recommended for this monitor) in the Control panel of KDE.
11 1280x1024 is the native resolution of the monitor.
12
13 Thanks,
14
15 Jorge Almeida