From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:14:32
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Jorge Almeida [mailto:jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt]
3 > Sent: 18 March 2007 11:20
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X
8 > I don't know what "VESAFB-TNG statement" means. Can you elaborate?
9 > Anyway, I think they are already the same: I have
10 > video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr,1280x1024-32@60 in the appropriate line in
11 > grub.conf, and Modes "1280x1024" in xorg.conf. The update
12 > frequency is
13 > set to 60Hz (recommended for this monitor) in the Control
14 > panel of KDE.
15 > 1280x1024 is the native resolution of the monitor.
18 Vesafb-tng is, to my knowledge, a kernel option. You have the option to use vesafb or vesafb-tng. It's in the part of the config where you enable the framebuffer.
19
20 Cheers
24 djn
25
26 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list