From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:46:30
1 On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Nelson, David \(ED, PAR&D\) wrote:
2
3 >> -----Original Message-----
4 >> From: Jorge Almeida [mailto:jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt]
5 >> Sent: 18 March 2007 11:20
6 >> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X
10 >> I don't know what "VESAFB-TNG statement" means. Can you elaborate?
11 >> Anyway, I think they are already the same: I have
12 >> video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr,1280x1024-32@60 in the appropriate line in
13 >> grub.conf, and Modes "1280x1024" in xorg.conf. The update
14 >> frequency is
15 >> set to 60Hz (recommended for this monitor) in the Control
16 >> panel of KDE.
17 >> 1280x1024 is the native resolution of the monitor.
20 > Vesafb-tng is, to my knowledge, a kernel option. You have the option to use vesafb or vesafb-tng. It's in the part of the config where you enable the framebuffer.
21 >
22 OK, I had that (the "statement" terminology confused me, that's all). I
23 think the problem is solved: It appears that this monitor likes 75Hz
24 only, not 60 Hz (my mistake, took it for another monitor). Using 75Hz
25 both in the grub.conf line and in the Modes option in xorg.conf solves
26 the problem. This is a LCD monitor, so one is not supposed to switch
27 resolutions, anyway.
28
29 Thanks.
30