From: Rafael Castro <rafael.castro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re-emerge missing files
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:59:56
1 On Jun 26, 2006, at 12:16 AM, Dave Oxley wrote:
2
3 > I left an emerge of Qt running at the weekend which downgraded my Xorg
4 > from 7.0 to 6.8 (I was missing virtual/x11 ~amd64 in
5 > package.keywords).
6 > When I came back to the machine I unmerged Xorg which deleted a
7 > load of
8 > libraries that were installed with 7.0, but the system thinks they are
9 > still installed. I need a mechanism to do a sanity check on the
10 > ebuilds
11 > installed and the actual files, so that I can re-emerge ebuilds whose
12 > files have been deleted. Is there anything that does this?
13
14 I'm not quite sure I understood it, but I think you're looking for
15 revdep-rebuild...
16 from the man page:
17
18 revdep-rebuild scans libraries and binaries for missing shared
19 library dependencies
20 and fixes them by re-emerging those broken binaries and
21 shared libraries. It is use‐
22 ful when an upgraded package breaks other software
23 packages that are dependent upon
24 the upgraded package.
28 Rafael Castro
29 --