From: Dave Oxley <dave@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re-emerge missing files
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:16:52
1 Rafael Castro wrote:
2 >
3 > On Jun 26, 2006, at 12:16 AM, Dave Oxley wrote:
4 >
5 >> I left an emerge of Qt running at the weekend which downgraded my Xorg
6 >> from 7.0 to 6.8 (I was missing virtual/x11 ~amd64 in package.keywords).
7 >> When I came back to the machine I unmerged Xorg which deleted a load of
8 >> libraries that were installed with 7.0, but the system thinks they are
9 >> still installed. I need a mechanism to do a sanity check on the ebuilds
10 >> installed and the actual files, so that I can re-emerge ebuilds whose
11 >> files have been deleted. Is there anything that does this?
12 >
13 > I'm not quite sure I understood it, but I think you're looking for
14 > revdep-rebuild...
15 > from the man page:
16 >
17 > revdep-rebuild scans libraries and binaries for missing shared
18 > library dependencies
19 > and fixes them by re-emerging those broken binaries and shared
20 > libraries. It is use‐
21 > ful when an upgraded package breaks other software packages
22 > that are dependent upon
23 > the upgraded package.
24 I already knew about revdep-rebuild. It doesn't do what I need, so I've
25 written a script which has solved my problems and here it is in case
26 anyone is interested:
27 for i in `equery list`;
28 do
29 for j in `equery files =$i`;
30 do
32 then
33 echo "File $j from ebuild $i is missing"
34 fi
35 done
36 done
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list