From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MS Windows-scanners [Was: Boot Partitions]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:17:06
1 Am 06.03.2011 07:57, schrieb Joost Roeleveld:
2
3 > Might not be entirely what you're looking for, but when I borrowed a slide
4 > photo-scanner, I also wasn't able to get it to work with Sane.
5 > I did, however, manage to run the scanner from an MS windows onstall under
6 > Virtualbox and passing the USB-slide scanner to that VM.
7
8 Slide photo scanners are indeed a common reason for MS Windows in
9 VirtualBox it seems. I have that setup too, because it didn't work in
10 Linux at all, but absolutly great inside of an virtualised Windows XP.
11
12 I use Windows XP inside of VirtualBox for approx. 1 year now and so far
13 I never had the need to use a native installed windows. VirtualBox is a
14 alternative that I can absolutly recommend.
15
16 Greetings
17
18 DarkMetatron