From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: MS Windows-scanners [Was: Boot Partitions]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 06:59:17
1 On Sunday 27 February 2011 10:01:42 dhk wrote:
2 > I have a new laptop that I need to set up for dual booting. As much as
3 > I despise Microsoft, I have to use it for certain things. Such as some
4 > obscure peripherals, like my slide photo scanner, it doesn't support
5 > Linux and TD Ameritrade's streaming Java tools don't work the same as on
6 > Linux. Until corporation's smarten up Microsoft will be a problem.
7
8 Might not be entirely what you're looking for, but when I borrowed a slide
9 photo-scanner, I also wasn't able to get it to work with Sane.
10 I did, however, manage to run the scanner from an MS windows onstall under
11 Virtualbox and passing the USB-slide scanner to that VM.
12
13 I actually got better speed that way then when running MS Windows natively.
14 (scan-speed, that is)
17 Joost