From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using package.use
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:58:35
1 On Sun, 04 May 2008 10:54:04 -0500
2 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > In man portage I see examples of using package.use
5 >
6 > Its listed with address /etc/portage/package.use and shows usage like
7 > this:
8 >
9 > some/package:useflag (to add a specific use flag)
10 >
11 > I want to subtract a use flag so trying:
12 >
13 > (tried with and without quotes just in case the dash (-) was not
14 > acceptable unquoted:
15 >
16 > net-analyzer/tcpdump:"-samba"
17 > net-analyzer/tcpdump:-samba
18 >
19 > Neither way appears to have an effect on
20 > emerge -vuDNp tcpdump
21 >
22 > It still comes up with positive samba use flag. And then when actual
23 > emerging is done, dire warnings are given about using `samba' use
24 > flag.
25 >
26 > I'd hoped to use package.use so as not to have to mess with tcpcump
27 > individualy.
28 >
29 > Is my syntax wrong or some other problem?
32 try:
33 net-analyzer/tcpdump -samba
36 Ken69267