From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python-updater always wants to re-emerge certain things.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:00:44
1 On 2008-09-16, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2008-09-15, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I ran python-updater and it wanted to emerge 7 packages. I
5 >>> emerged all of them except openoffice. Then I ran
6 >>> python-updater again. It still wants to emerge half of the
7 >>> packages that I just finished emerging. What does one have to
8 >>> do to get a package off the list of things python-updater wants
9 >>> to build?
10 >>>
11 >>> The packages it always wants to build are
12 >>>
13 >>> dev-libs/boost-1.34.1-r2
14 >>> x11-libs/vte-0.16.14
15 >>> app-office/gnumeric-1.8.3
16 >>
17 >> Once you get them all emerged, unmerge the old version of
18 >> python and it will be good to go. That is my experience
19 >> anyway.
20 >
21 > Unmerging the old version of Python isn't unnecessary.
22
23 Oops, that should have been "is unnecessary."
24
25 > Once I emerge OOo, everything should be indeed be fine. The
26 > question is why does python-update think it needs to re-emerge
27 > some packages that have already been emerged several times
28 > since Python was updated?
31 Grant