From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python-updater always wants to re-emerge certain things.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 03:31:39
1 On 2008-09-15, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 >> I ran python-updater and it wanted to emerge 7 packages. I
4 >> emerged all of them except openoffice. Then I ran
5 >> python-updater again. It still wants to emerge half of the
6 >> packages that I just finished emerging. What does one have to
7 >> do to get a package off the list of things python-updater wants
8 >> to build?
9 >>
10 >> The packages it always wants to build are
11 >>
12 >> dev-libs/boost-1.34.1-r2
13 >> x11-libs/vte-0.16.14
14 >> app-office/gnumeric-1.8.3
15 >
16 > Once you get them all emerged, unmerge the old version of
17 > python and it will be good to go. That is my experience
18 > anyway.
19
20 Unmerging the old version of Python isn't unnecessary. Once I
21 emerge OOo, everything should be indeed be fine. The question
22 is why does python-update think it needs to re-emerge some
23 packages that have already been emerged several times since
24 Python was updated?
25
26 > I know OOo takes a while, it may be a good idea to emerge it too.
27
28 Definitely, but it'll have to wait until the computer can be
29 left up for a day or so (it's a laptop, and it's not often in
30 one place for that long).
33 Grant