From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hibernate script trying to bring down non-existant "sit0"
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:04:03
1 On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21:06AM +0100, Mick wrote
2
3 > Check again using 'iconfig -a'.
4 >
5 > You should see a IPv6-in-IPv4 interface there. Normally, this would
6 > not be up unless you have set up some fancy tunnel with your ISP
7 > who would be terminating your IPv6 link. My ISP offers this but
8 > have not as yet found a use for it.
9
10 Thanks for pointing out IPV6 to me. Since this is a brand new machine
11 with different components from my other system, I couldn't copy over
12 .config, so I had to configure the kernel manually. In the process, I
13 forgot to disable IPV6. The presence of IPV6 causes sit0 to show up. I
14 removed IPV6, and a regular hibernate works OK now. Thanks again.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>