From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hibernate script trying to bring down non-existant "sit0"
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:21:45
1 On Sunday 27 June 2010 00:00:57 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Another little glitch on my new machine. I have hibernate enabled for
3 > my regular user account via /etc/sudoers. The command fails due to an
4 > error in NetworkStop. Switching to root, and running hibernate with the
5 > verbose "-v3" option, I see the following...
6 >
7 > hibernate: [60] Executing NetworkStop ...
8 > Bringing down interface eth0
9 > * Stopping eth0
10 > * Bringing down eth0
11 > * Shutting down eth0 ... [ ok ]
12 > Bringing down interface sit0
13 > hibernate: Aborting suspend due to errors in NetworkStop (use --force to
14 > override).
15 >
16 > Hibernate dies trying to bring down "sit0". Huh??? I've checked...
17 > - no /etc/init.d/net.sit0
18
19 Check again using 'iconfig -a'.
20
21 You should see a IPv6-in-IPv4 interface there. Normally, this would not be up
22 unless you have set up some fancy tunnel with your ISP who would be
23 terminating your IPv6 link. My ISP offers this but have not as yet found a
24 use for it.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick